1979 - Gloria Gaynor released ‘’I will Survive’’, it was the Winter of Discontent and the Birth of Thatcherism was just around the corner.
In this tough environment Brian Parker and Michael McVeigh took over a small corner of a yard and rented a small van as an office. This van had been the living quarters of a driver and was towed behind a Steam Roller.
From this humble beginning in Berkshire, they never dreamed that their two man start up would expand into a distribution company with eight depots, 20 acres of storage, 100 staff and 50 delivery vehicles, recognised nationwide as a leader in the field of supply to farmers, contractors, utility companies and landowners of all descriptions.
Their aim was to offer a better service and deliver not only on price and quality, but when customers needed. Their range grew quickly, and soon they were offering a one stop shop to farmers and fencers alike. The bulk buying policy and huge stocks enabled McVeigh Parker to respond to customers’ demands quickly and efficiently, this model is still at the heart of what they do today.
Four decades in business is a real achievement in today’s environment and is testimony to the service and dedication given by all of the McVeigh Parker staff, many of whom have been with the company for over 20 years, nine over 30 years. McVeigh Parker’s CEO Chris Hambridge (who has been with the company from its very early days) says, “The secret of MP’s success can be found in simple things we all do so well, first, concern for our customers, always our first priority, second, to go the extra mile, to see our client’s point of view and view them as friends and business partners’’
Over the years, McVeigh Parker has earned a reputation for sourcing products that are both pioneering and innovative for the various fencing, landscaping and agricultural markets.
- 2006 - Trade division set up to look after trade customers. Our bulk buying and huge stocks enabled us to effectively service this side of the business. Six key account managers were hired to monitor market trends and prices, they are able to offer bespoke deals and flexibility on prices.
- 2007 – McVeigh Parker bought and promoted X fence premium wire netting to the market, this better performing, longer lasting netting not only changed fencing landscape, but has been followed by others since, proving its effective uses.
- 2008 – McVeigh Parker were instrumental in setting the standards for traceability and identifying branding for UC4 pine timber products, in light of the EU ban on CCA treatments.
- 2009 - McVeigh Parker is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001.
- 2014 McVeigh Parker launched the revolutionary fencing product Clipex. These innovative posts are not only capable of lasting over 30 years, they are light to transport, fast to erect and very effective. Within the first year they had broken all sales records for such a new product to market.
40 years on and our values remain the same
The company has grown significantly since its inception in Berkshire, to the current figure of eight nationwide depots, all extensively stocked with a full range of products to supply customers immediately to suit their projects no matter how big or small.
We take pride in the fact that we remain a fully independent business, each depot is staffed by loyal knowledgeable staff backed up by our trade arm of key account managers, all able to offer the very best products to suit all our customer’s requirements and budgets.
With our own delivery vehicles, we can offer a fast efficient and reliable delivery service. Our extensive range of products suit a vast array of applications all at very competitive prices. Much of our client base is returning customers and new clients regularly come through recommendations from existing satisfied clients.
Knowledgable staff, providing friendly service, best prices, huge stock, 8 depots nationwide.