Our wire fencing products include stock netting, hexagonal wire netting, line wire and barbed wire, with many products available in different tensile strengths to offer top levels of performance. Perfect for use in industrial, agricultural or domestic settings, wire fencing is a popular all-round fencing solution. Thanks to recent improvements in wire fencing technology, there is a much wider choice available today than there was 10 or so years ago. McVeigh Parker has a huge stock of wire fencing, with over 50,000 rolls of fencing available immediately. We also have the option to design and manufacture bespoke fencing if you have any specific requirements.
We have over 50,000 rolls of stock fencing ready for immediate dispatch. Stock fencing is ideal for agricultural, farming and industrial purposes, as well as domestic stock fencing. Our stock fencing range includes X Fence and High Tensile Hinge Joint in a range of options.
Hexagonal Wire Netting
Our range of hexagonal wire includes rabbit netting, chicken netting, game bird netting, fruit and vermin protection and thatching protection, ideal for all domestic and commercial country and farming purposes. It is also available in a range of different wire thicknesses, heights and roll sizes.
Adaptable and multi-purpose, line wire is commonly used as top line and support for fencing runs amongst other jobs. The range includes high tensile, mild wire and plastic coated.
Aviary Mesh is perfect for keeping in your birds and keeping out any pests. Aviary mesh is also suited for other purposes, including domestic fencing and farm fencing for any small mammals.
Our barbed wire is suitable for all agricultural purposes and manufactured to regulation. It is ideal for keeping animals in (or out) and can also be used for security purposes.
Wire Fencing Questions & Answers
Fencing wire costs are dependant on a number of factors, including the type, gauge and tensile strength of the wire. Type of coating and thickness, from single strand to fabricated netting all have a bearing on overall costs.
Fencing wire comes in difference thicknesses (gauge) and strengths (tensile). Generally fencing wire is 2.0mm, 2.50mm and 3.15mm in either mild steel or high tensile steel, there are of course other gauges and strengths such as 4.0mm mild steel or 2.65mm spring steel .
Straining wire is known as a single strand wire used as a safe alternative instead of barbed wire, ideal as a stand alone product for simple multi line wire systems or used as a support wire for netting, plants and trees. It is also known as ‘line wire’ and is available in different strengths, thicknesses and coating types from heavy galvanised to alu/zinc Xtralife coating.
The best wire to use for fencing is dependant on the type of fencing required. Below summarises the different types of wire to use for different fencing jobs.
- Stock Fencing Wire – stock fencing is used mainly in agricultural settings to either fence in livestock or fence out predators. Stock fencing is also used in domestic settings to create dog fences and smaller animal enclosures. Stock fence comes in a multitude of different fabricated patterns in various knot designs ,strengths and coatings.
- Hexagonal wire netting - Hexagonal wire netting has a numerous uses but its most popular use is chicken or pheasant pens and to fence out rabbits. Hexagonal netting is also used to protect growing fruit from vermin and birds. It is available in a variety of mesh sizes and gauges to suit.
- Line Wire - Line wire has a number of uses but in agricultural fencing it is often used as a top line for fencing runs. Variations include high tensile line wire, mild line wire and plastic coated line wire.
- Aviary Mesh - Aviary mesh is suitable for building aviaries for large and small birds. It can also be used for domestic fencing for small mammals.
- Welded mesh and chain link – available in galvanised and plastic coated, often used for security fencing, tree guards and dog runs. Available in various heights and gauges, normally supplied in a cost effective roll form.
- Barbed wire - Barbed wire is available in both mild and high tensile options and is often used as a top line in agricultural fencing. It is also an effective form of security fencing.
- Barbed tape, normally used in high security areas, supplied in a concertina profile for maximum defence. Made from heavy galvanised high tensile wire and razor sharp barbs.