- Experts in our field since 1979
- Massive stock holding across our 8 nationwide depots
- Our own fleet of 50 vehicles delivers a fast and efficient service right across the country
For resell or volume enquires get in touch now
- Popular square wooden gate posts
- Available in a range of lengths and sizes and will suit wooden or metal gates
- UC4 treated for a 15 year service life
Treated to UC4 our gate posts give a 15 year service life and feature a 4 way weathered pyramid top and flat bottom.
All our timber is ethically sourced from forests throughout Europe. All the forests are responsibly managed and replanted after harvesting in line with FSC guidelines.
Lengths from 2100mm to 3000mm and diameters of 125x125mm to 200x200mm. Timber kiln dried to 28% moisture content before treatment, guaranteed treatment to BS8417.
We remind customers that wood is a natural ‘living’ material and this means it is affected by atmospheric and ground conditions, due to the fact that it is not evenly porous, it may dry at an uneven rate. This can create pressure inside the wood potentially causing it to split, warp or twist when its exposed to the atmosphere and sunlight. Pressure treated wood will contract as the water used in the process evaporates from the timber. Natural weathering should not weaken or decrease the life expectancy of the wood. Using dark stain or other coatings will increase U.V. absorption and speed up the drying process. Using sealant or oils will help hold moisture in and lets the timber dry at a slower rate.
McVeigh Parker cannot be held responsible for splitting, discoloration or warping after delivery.