McVeigh Parker & Co Limited (referred to below as "we" or "us") treats with the utmost care and respect the personal information you may supply to us on this site and recognises the importance of protecting your privacy online. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is McVeigh Parker & Co Limited.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any personal information in order for you to access the general information sections of our website www.mcveighparker.com “our site”. However, if you wish to contact us, create an account with us, or buy products from us we may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site, request further services, request a brochure, subscribe to our mailing list or when you create an account with us.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including but not limited monitoring how many times you visit, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and resources that you access.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To provide customer care.
• To carry out marketing and statistical analysis.
• To notify you about changes to our website and services.
• Site usage.
3. WITH WHO IS THE INFORMATION SHARED?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• Any associated company who are our business partners and/or with whom we work.
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, subject to their entering into appropriate confidentiality undertakings.
• If McVeigh Parkers & Co Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of McVeigh Parkers & Co Limited, our customers, or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
4. WHERE WE WILL STORE YOUR INFORMATION
• All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
• Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
• This site may from time to time contain links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any such sites and we encourage you to read these carefully. Any information you supply on such sites will not be within our control.
• We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
You can easily disable any cookies already stored on your computer and you can find details on how to do this here. Please note that by deleting our cookies, it may stop our website from functioning correctly.
The cookies used on our website will –
- Track the pages you visit via Google analytics. We use Google Analytics as a tool to help us improve our website by making it more user friendly, and to make your browsing experience as good as possible
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure
- From time to time we may want to remind you of products you looked at on our website. Our Cookies will remember that you visited our website and the products you looked at, and allow Google to show our ads on other sites you visit across the Internet
7. YOUR RIGHTS AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
•You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise you right to prevent such processing by contacting us.
• You have a legal right to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us, subject to the payment of a small fee currently £10.00. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information by using the contact us page. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent us using your personal information to contact you about products, services, promotions or special offers that may be of interest to you.
8. CONTACT US