Wireman StraineX Pro
- Experts in our field since 1979
- Massive stock holding across our 8 nationwide depots
- Our own fleet of 50 vehicles delivers a fast and efficient service right across the country
For resell or volume enquires get in touch now
Browse our selection of specifications sheets for more details on selected products. Find out more.
The Wireman Strain X Pro is a very easy to use wire fence strainer, safer & slower operation than traditional monkey type walkers.
Save 20% whilst stocks last!
The Wireman StraineX wire tensioner kit is extremely simple and easy to use, ensuring full precision control. The lever hoist with the clevis hooks can be used with strainer boards to tension fabricated netting, when combined with Grippers it can strain both plain or barbed wire. Fast and easy to use and remove, clip on/off parts.
A one tool must have for every fencer's toolbox.
The StraineX wire tensioner enables you to stand out of the line of the strain, reducing the chance of getting hit should the wire break. The ratchet mechanism can be a slower operation than traditional walkers but they give you precision movement at a minimum of 3mm increments. The digital tension gauge enables you to monitor the exact tension and allows you to erect a wire fence to the manufacturer's specification without over-tensioning. The Wireman range of tools has been designed and built for professional use in the field, offering years of reliability and trouble-free straining. Suitable for short and long runs in excess of 500m.
Steel wire has moved on over the years, high tensile wire being the preferred choice, yet the tools to strain it up have not followed suit. The Wireman Grippers have been specially designed to cope with harder high tensile wire, they are manufactured from a harder grade high tensile BISALLOY® 450 steel than the wire itself, thus preventing wear and slip over time.
Wireman Walker Pro - Main Features
- Spring loaded Grippers – enable you to grip the wire without maintaining tension on the wire. Spring loaded scissor action jaws make them easy to attach and release. The springs have been tested to over 18000 cycles. (Grippers can be purchased separately to enable you to upgrade your old style walkers or attach netting straining boards)
- Clevis hooks 60mm Stainless steel enable ease of joining Grippers or boards.
- Tension gauge – prevents over tensioning- reads from 1.3-2.2 KN
- Spring loaded pawls enable easy fixing to the chain that won’t fall off, jam or slip and enable easy tension release
- 2 Metre stainless steel chain incorporating swivel at 0.6m point. Chain load capacity 2500kg. The swivel alleviates chain twist, the built-in chain swivel allows you to straighten the chain before walking, making straining easier.
- Strong bolt on 300mm handle, overall length including body 500mm