We offer a wide range of water troughs from our best selling galvanised steel troughs to plastic troughs such as the popular JFC double fast fill models along with concrete and other plastic options. But what style is the best?
Read our guide below and be confident your next water trough purchase is most suited to your needs, after all, technology is constantly evolving and more innovative products are often being released to make your life easier (and your livestock happier!)
Livestock Water Trough (405mm deep)
Our Livestock Water Troughs are suitable for all livestock. They feature a roll top trough for added strength & stability and a drain plug & bung come as standard. They are manufacturerd in 1.5mm flat steel sheet folded, welded and then galvanised to BSEN ISO 1461. The curved internal lip reduces the chance of livestock getting leverage to move the box. Three brackets hold service box firmly in place. Service box can be fitted at either end or central, ideal when separating paddocks. (Service box available separately).
Options available -
- 915mm (3ft) long 163ltr (36 gallons) capacity, 24.80kg - No horizontal cross brace
- 1220mm (4ft) long 218ltr (48 gallons) capacity, 30.95kg - No horizontal cross brace
- 1830mm (6ft) long 327ltr (72 gallons) capacity, 43.76kg - One horizontal cross brace
- 2440mm (8ft) long 436ltr (96 gallons) capacity, 56.82kg - Two horizontal cross braces
- 3050mm (10ft) long 545ltr (120 gallons) capacity, 68.90kg - Two horizontal cross braces
Sheep Water Trough (267mm deep)
Our sheep water troughs have a lower profile than our livestock water trough making them more suitable for sheep and lambs. They features a roll top for added strength & stability and a drain plug & bung come as standard. They are manufactured in 1.5mm flat steel sheet folded, welded and then galvanised to BSEN ISO 1461. The curved internal lip reduces the chance of livestock getting leverage to move the box. Three brackets hold service box firmly in place. Service box can be fitted at either end or central, ideal when separating paddocks. (Service box available separately).
Options available -
Available in the following sizes: (All 457mm (1'6") width x 267mm (10.1/2") deep)
- 600mm (2ft) long 68ltr (15 gallons) capacity, 14.78kg
- 915mm (3ft) long 102ltr (22.5 gallons) capacity, 19.84kg
- 1220mm (4ft) long 136ltr (30 gallons) capacity, 24.94kg
- 1830mm (6ft) long 204ltr (45 gallons) capacity, 35.59kg (One horizontal cross brace)
- 2440mm (8ft) long 272ltr (60 gallons) capacity, 46.23kg (Two horizontal cross brace)
Tipping Water Trough
Tipping water troughs are available in both wall mounted and free standing options and we offer both steel and plastic products. They are available in a range of sizes from 112-238 litres.
BANNER LINK TO INFOGRAPHIC -
Concrete Water Trough
Concrete water troughs offer a robust option in the field. They are available in 6 sizes from 20 - 500 gallons.
- 3 ½” drain hole in centre of trough base
- 2 piece hood for access to ball valve and bung
- Steel and fibre reinforced
- No centre divide to reduce capacity or restrict flow
- Heavy duty design
JFC Fast Fill Trough
The Fast Fill premium water trough has JFC’s signature shiny black colour with a yellow, easy-to-access service lid. The trough is fitted with a JFC fast-fill float valve which comes with a 3/4 inch connection and is capable of delivering up to 34L/min (3 bar pressure). This trough will provide your livestock with clean, fresh easily accessible water, is durable and will withstand extreme conditions, is easy to handle and transport.
Fitted with a fast flow float valve (up to 34L/min @ 3 bar pressure)
Valve protected within a plastic compartment with easy access for servicing.
Design limits badger access.
Options available -
- JFC 30 Gallon Fast Fill Trough
- 90 Gallon Fast-fill Water Trough
- 130 Gallon Fast-fill Water Trough
- 175 Gallon Fast-fill Water Trough
- 220 Gallon Fast-fill Water Trough
The ideal solution for areas with little to no mains water or in low catchment areas, Pasture Pumps provide livestock with water in their grazing or living area. The smooth pump action is easily operated by cattle, horses and calves and the diaphragm pump supplies constant fresh water on demand from its natural source.
The pasture pump can supply 15-20 head of cattle with no power required to operate. It is a nose pump operated by the livestock. As the animal drinks from the pump bowl, they push against a lever, which in turn operates a piston and diaphragm which pumps more water from the stream. It should be positioned in the field by the watercourse, then fixed to a base such as sleepers.