Clipex® Railway/Cattle Standard Post 2.0m
- Experts in our field since 1979
- Massive stock holding across our 8 nationwide depots
- Our own fleet of 50 vehicles delivers a fast and efficient service right across the country
For resell or volume enquires get in touch now
Browse our selection of specifications sheets for more details on selected products. Find out more.
- 2.0m long (1350mm fence height)
- 13 clips for X knot 11-122 horse fence plus 1 strand barbed wire & bottom line
- 50% quicker to erect, 50% cheaper & lasts over 30 years*
Volume deals and trade discounts available - call your local depot from here
The Clipex® Railway/Cattle Standard is a 2.0m long 13 clip post, specifically designed for railway boundaries although its added height makes it suitable for cattle/dog fencing also.
It’s designed to suit the X Fence premium stock fence in 11/122 mesh patterns. All eleven lines will be clipped with one top row of barbed, electric or plain wire plus one row of plain or barbed wire as a base line.
For specific Clipex® post spacing information, scroll down the page and take a look at our Clipex® Post Spacings PDF.
- Longevity – Minimum 30 year service life
- Clipex® Fencing Solution – 50% quicker to erect
- Surprisingly cost effective – Over 50% cheaper life time costs achieved
- Fitted with anti-lift plates and strengthening backing plate
- Length: 2.0m
- Weight: 3.6kg
- In ground depth: 650mm (giving desired fence height of 1.35m)
- Profile: 44mm x 35mm
- Thickness: 3.0mm
- Coating: 600grm galvanised zinc coating
- Tensile strength: 520-620 N/mm2
What wire is compatible?
We suggest using the following wire netting with this post:
- X Fence Stock Fence XHT11-122-7.5
- X Fence Stock Fence XHT11-122-15
If you plan on using your own brand of wire please check clip spacings before ordering. McVeigh Parker will not be liable if after erection the wire is found not to suit the posts.
Countryside Stewardship (CS) Programme - Approved
Defra has introduced important new fencing guidelines for the Countryside Stewardship (CS) programme. These will provide funding for the use of metal fencing alongside existing treated timber, this applies to CS schemes from the 2022 application round for agreements starting in 2023. From early February this year farmers can claim up to £7.47 per meter, subject to several other conditions, such as post diameter and fence height.
Since the banning of CCA (Copper Chrome Arsenic) timber treatment in 2006, farmers and landowners have complained about the longevity of timber fence posts, and until now, CS provisions for fencing and netting have insisted on the use of softwood timber “that is fully peeled, coated with wood preservative and pressure treated, or treated with an approved preservative” only. Effectively, Defra and the RPA have banned alternative materials including galvanised steel.
With the support of organisations including NFU, FWAG, CLA and RSPB McVeigh Parker were able to show Defra that farmers are looking for longer-lasting and better value options such as the award-winning Triple X fencing system which has stormed the market since its introduction in 2014 and comes with a 30-year guarantee. Following extensive discussions with Defra, Secretary of State George Eustice has agreed to widen the choice available to farmers and landowners. Now farmers have a proper and fair choice. Instead of spending time mending and replacing old fencing, they have the option to choose a guaranteed 30-year fence which is easier to install and requires minimal maintenance. You can view our guarantee here.